Calathea White Star
We have pre-selected the correct size:
Choose your colour:
Medium size details:
• Nursery Pot Ø: 14cm
• Fits our medium pot
• Recommended decorative pot Ø: 15-18cm
• Approx plant height: 50cm
The dark-green perfectly-painted-on stripes and delicate pink undertone contrast beautifully against the Calathea Whitestar’s pale green leaves. This is a unique and rare beauty and the perfect plant for those wanting to add a touch of colour to a minimal interior palette.
Characteristics Non-toxic to pets & children
Characteristics Detoxifying power
Rare & Unusual
Characteristics Limited availability
How to care
How to care
How to care
Calatheas thrive in medium, indirect sunlight but tolerate lower light levels too. Bright direct sunlight can cause the stunning colours on their leaves to fade, with prolonged exposure likely to burn and scorch their leaves
Calatheas enjoy weekly waterings, allowing the top 2’ of soil to dry out partially. In winter, we recommend watering less frequently to prevent overwatering and root rot. This plant is not very drought tolerant, and extended periods of dryness will cause leaf edges to brown.
Your Calathea will also appreciate being placed in a humid environment, which you can create by misting it frequently, placing it close to other plants or on a pebble tray partly filled with water. Calatheas thrive in steamy bathrooms and kitchens.
Sad plant signs
Yellowing leaves and burnt tips: suggest your plant has been scorched by direct sunlight or watered with tap water containing high levels of fluoride.Limp, drooping leaves which are brown and curling: suggest your plant is thirsty & dry.
Native to the subtropics, particularly the rainforests of Brazil, the Calathea Whitestar is a species of perennial plant in the Calathea family, known as prayer plants. This rare and stunning houseplant models long pale-green leaves contrasted against perfect dark-green stripes and a delicate pink blush tint. If you’re looking to place an elegant houseplant in a spot that doesn’t receive bright sunlight, the Calathea is an excellent choice. Calatheas will also appreciate a humid environment and thrive in steamy bathrooms and kitchens. A symbol of new beginnings, the English saying "to turn over a new leaf" originates from Calatheas since they close their leaves at night and re-open in the morning for a fresh start!
Finding the perfect plant parent
Unique, rare beauty. Perfect for adding a touch of colour to a minimal interior palette.
Playing with heights
Side tables or plant stands can help create a plant display of varying heights for a tiered effect that gives each plant its own visual space.
Delivery & Guarantee
- Free Delivery over £100 | Carbon Neutral
- Standard Delivery: £6.99 (2-5 working days, tracked by DPD)
- Premium Delivery: £8.99 (Next working day if ordered by 2pm on weekdays, tracked by DPD)
- UK-wide delivery, exceptions apply (Scottish Highlands, Islands, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Scilly Isles, Channel Islands)
- Plants guaranteed healthy for 30 days after arrival, minor cosmetic blemishes to be expected.
- Email email@example.com with order number and photos for assistance.
- Non-living items can be returned within 30 days if unused and in re-sellable condition, email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Sending a gift?
- Add a gift message at checkout, hand written on our illustrated cards. Also, we won't include any paperwork with prices on!