We have pre-selected the correct size:
Choose your colour:
Elegant long, velvety dark green foliage with shimmering black and gold iridescent leaves in the sunlight. This climbing beauty will reward you with dramatic leaves if given a support stick to wrap around.
Rare & Unusual
Characteristics Limited availability
How to care
How to care
How to care
Philodendron Melanochrysum prefers bright, indirect light. It can tolerate low light, but it may not grow as quickly or produce as many leaves. Avoid direct sunlight as it can scorch the leaves.
Keep the soil evenly moist but not waterlogged. Water the plant thoroughly when the top inch of soil feels dry. Do not let the soil completely dry out between watering, but avoid overwatering as it can lead to root rot.
Philodendron Melanochrysum loves high humidity. You can increase humidity by placing a humidifier near the plant or by placing a tray of water near the plant. You can also mist the leaves regularly to help increase humidity.
Use a houseplant fertiliser every two months from April - October. Repot every 2-3 years when pot is full. Use a well draining house plant compost with added draining medium like perlite.
A striking Aroid originating from the warm, humid rainforest floors of Colombia, South America. The Philodendron melanochrysum is a rare beauty with dramatic foliage which can reach as large as 24 inches long, although it starts life small and understated. Once it reaches maturity, it gives off a shimmering black and gold iridescence, which gives its' name Black Gold Philodendron, when touched by sunlight. This Philodendron is a climbing plant and will enjoy trailing upwards when supported by moss pole or support stick.
Delivery & Guarantee
- Free Delivery over £100 | Carbon Neutral
- Standard Delivery: £6.99 (2-5 working days, tracked by DPD)
- Premium Delivery: £8.99 (Next working day if ordered by 2pm on weekdays, tracked by DPD)
- UK-wide delivery, exceptions apply (Scottish Highlands, Islands, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Scilly Isles, Channel Islands)
- Plants guaranteed healthy for 30 days after arrival, minor cosmetic blemishes to be expected.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with order number and photos for assistance.
- Non-living items can be returned within 30 days if unused and in re-sellable condition, email email@example.com for assistance.
Sending a gift?
- Add a gift message at checkout, hand written on our illustrated cards. Also, we won't include any paperwork with prices on!