We have pre-selected the correct size:
Choose your colour:
Add a splash of pink to your home with this beautiful houseplant. The pairing of black leaves with pink brushstrokes makes this plant a true stunner, and a great pick for any collectors out there. Her leaves unfurl a lighter green and darken to black as they age. For pet parents - this houseplant is non-toxic & oh so friendly.
Characteristics Non-toxic to pets & children
Characteristics Detoxifying power
Rare & Unusual
Characteristics Limited availability
How to care
How to care
How to care
Calatheas thrive in indirect sunlight but tolerate lower light levels too. Bright direct sunlight can cause the stunning colours on their leaves to fade, with prolonged exposure likely to burn and scorch their leaves
Calatheas enjoy weekly waterings, allowing the top 2’ of soil to dry out partially. In winter, we recommend watering less frequently to prevent overwatering and root rot. This plant is not very drought tolerant, and extended periods of dryness will cause leaf edges to brown.
Your Calathea will also appreciate being placed in a humid environment, which you can create by misting it frequently, placing it close to other plants or on a pebble tray partly filled with water. Calatheas thrive in steamy bathrooms and kitchens.
Sad Plant Signs
Yellowing leaves and burnt tips: too much direct light or excessive fluoride in water. Brown or black spots on leaves: overwatering
Native to the Tropical Americas, the Calathea Dottie lives is part of the larger the Calathea family, also known as prayer plants. This houseplant pairs black leaves with pink brushstrokes that makes it a true stunner. Her leaves unfurl a lighter green and darken to black as they age. If you’re looking to bring colour to a darker spot, the Calathea is an excellent choice. Calatheas will also appreciate a humid environment and thrive in steamy bathrooms and kitchens.
Finding the perfect plant parent
The pairing of black leaves with pink brushstrokes makes this plant a true stunner.
Playing with heights
Side tables or plant stands can help create a plant display of varying heights for a tiered effect that gives each plant its own visual space.
Delivery & Guarantee
- Free Delivery over £100 | Carbon Neutral
- Standard Delivery: £6.99 (2-5 working days, tracked by DPD)
- Premium Delivery: £8.99 (Next working day if ordered by 2pm on weekdays, tracked by DPD)
- UK-wide delivery, exceptions apply (Scottish Highlands, Islands, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Scilly Isles, Channel Islands)
- Plants guaranteed healthy for 30 days after arrival, minor cosmetic blemishes to be expected.
- Email email@example.com with order number and photos for assistance.
- Non-living items can be returned within 30 days if unused and in re-sellable condition, email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Sending a gift?
- Add a gift message at checkout, hand written on our illustrated cards. Also, we won't include any paperwork with prices on!