Alocasia Black Velvet
We have pre-selected the correct size:
Choose your colour:
This stunning Alocasia gets its name from the dark velvety appearance of the leaves, that are actually rough to the touch. The silvery white veins pierce through to create a stunning contrast, making this rare plant an eye catching addition to any plant collection.
Rare & Unusual
Characteristics Limited availability
How to care
How to care
How to care
The Alocasia will thrive in medium to bright, indirect sunlight. Be aware that they are not suited to low light or direct sunlight - which can scorch their leaves.
Keep the soil moist but not wet. Allow top 2" of soil to dry out in between watering. This plant is not drought tolerant and is prone to overwatering. Water less in winter.
Enjoys a humid environment which you can create by frequent misting, placing it close to other plants or on a pebble tray partly filled with water. Will enjoy being in a kitchen or bathroom.
Sad Plant Signs
Yellowing or spotting on leaves: overwatered. Browning edges or tips: dry and under-watered or scorched by direct sunlight. In winter your Alocasia goes dormant so reduce your watering.
Native to the jungles of Borneo, this is a very rare alocasia whos regal name translates to 'little queen'. Her silvery veins pierce through large black velvety leaves, which have developed as a light-gathering strategy in the gloom beneath a forest canopy. Alocasia are also in the Aroids family (Araceae), and can be easily propagated in water because they have a semi-aquatic, swamp-dwelling ancestry.
Finding the perfect plant parent
A rare must-have that has dark velvety leaves and silvery white veins.
Collect your favourite Alocasia plants to create your very own jungle
Delivery & Guarantee
- Free Delivery over £100 | Carbon Neutral
- Standard Delivery: £6.99 (2-5 working days, tracked by DPD)
- Premium Delivery: £8.99 (Next working day if ordered by 2pm on weekdays, tracked by DPD)
- UK-wide delivery, exceptions apply (Scottish Highlands, Islands, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Scilly Isles, Channel Islands)
- Plants guaranteed healthy for 30 days after arrival, minor cosmetic blemishes to be expected.
- Email email@example.com with order number and photos for assistance.
- Non-living items can be returned within 30 days if unused and in re-sellable condition, email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Sending a gift?
- Add a gift message at checkout, hand written on our illustrated cards. Also, we won't include any paperwork with prices on!