We have pre-selected the correct size:
Choose your colour:
Small size plant:
• Nursery Pot Ø: 12cm
• Fits our small pots
• Recommended decorative pot Ø: 13-15cm
• Approx plant height: 40cm
The stunning dark-green, arrow-shaped leaves of the Alocasia Polly contrast beautifully against her silver-white veins, making this a truly striking plant. Alocasia are in the Aroids family (Araceae), and can be easily propagated in water because they have a semi-aquatic, swamp-dwelling ancestry.
How to care
How to care
How to care
Alocasia Polly thrive in medium to bright, indirect sunlight. Be aware that they are not suited to low light or direct sunlight - which can scorch their leaves.
Keep soil moist but not wet. Allow top 2" to dry out in between watering. This plant is not drought tolerant, and extended periods of dryness will cause leaf edges to brown.
Your Alocasia Polly will also appreciate being placed in a humid environment, which you can create by misting it frequently, placing it close to other plants or on a pebble tray partly filled with water.
Sad Plant Signs
Yellowing or spotting on leaves: overwatered. Browning edges: under-watered or scorched by direct sunlight. In winter your Alocasia Polly goes dormant as temperatures drop and days shorten, reduce your watering.
Alocasia amazonica “Polly”, also known as Elephant Ear or African Shield, is a tropical perennial plant. While Polly is a hybrid created relatively recently with unknown origins most likely from a private collection, the genus Alocasia is native to tropical rainforest climates in India, Southeast Asia, southern China, and southern Pacific islands. With stunning dark-green, arrow-shaped leaves, which contrast beautifully against her silver-white veins, the Alocasia Polly is a truly striking plant. Alocasia are in the Aroids family (Araceae), and can be easily propagated in water because they have a semi-aquatic, swamp-dwelling ancestry.
Finding the perfect plant parent
Arrow-shaped leaves contrast beautifully against her silver-white veins.
Playing with heights
Side tables or plant stands can help create a plant display of varying heights for a tiered effect that gives each plant its own visual space.
Delivery & Guarantee
- Free Delivery over £100 | Carbon Neutral
- Standard Delivery: £6.99 (2-5 working days, tracked by DPD)
- Premium Delivery: £8.99 (Next working day if ordered by 2pm on weekdays, tracked by DPD)
- UK-wide delivery, exceptions apply (Scottish Highlands, Islands, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Scilly Isles, Channel Islands)
- Plants guaranteed healthy for 30 days after arrival, minor cosmetic blemishes to be expected.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with order number and photos for assistance.
- Non-living items can be returned within 30 days if unused and in re-sellable condition, email email@example.com for assistance.
Sending a gift?
- Add a gift message at checkout, hand written on our illustrated cards. Also, we won't include any paperwork with prices on!