We have pre-selected the correct size:
Choose your colour:
Characteristics Non-toxic to pets & children
Characteristics Detoxifying power
How to care
How to care
How to care
Calatheas thrive in medium, indirect sunlight but tolerate lower light levels too. Bright direct sunlight can cause the stunning colours on their leaves to fade, with prolonged exposure likely to burn and scorch their leaves.
Calatheas enjoy weekly waterings, allowing the top 2’ of soil to dry out partially. In winter, we recommend watering less frequently to prevent overwatering and root rot. This plant is not very drought tolerant, and extended periods of dryness will cause leaf edges to brown.
Your Calathea will appreciate a humid environment, which you can create with by misting it frequently, placing it close to other plants or on a pebble tray partly filled with water. Calatheas thrive in steamy bathrooms and kitchens.
Sad Plant Signs
Yellowing leaves and burnt tips: suggest your plant has been scorched by direct sunlight or watered with tap water containing high levels of fluoride. Drooping leaves which are brown and curling: your plant is thirsty & dry.
Native to Brazilian jungle, the Triostar is a species of perennial plant in the Calathea family, known as prayer plants. If you’re looking to place a stunning houseplant in a spot that doesn’t receive bright sunlight, the Calathea is an excellent choice. Calatheas also enjoy a humid environment and thrive in steamy bathrooms and kitchens. A symbol of new beginnings, "to turn over a new leaf" originates from Calatheas since they close their leaves at night and re-open in the morning for a fresh start!
Finding the perfect plant parent
Striking colourful leaves in a spectrum of pink, green and white.
Place your Calathea Triostar on a desk, coffee table or side table to make a colourful statement.
Delivery & Guarantee
- Free Delivery over £100 | Carbon Neutral
- Standard Delivery: £6.99 (2-5 working days, tracked by DPD)
- Premium Delivery: £8.99 (Next working day if ordered by 2pm on weekdays, tracked by DPD)
- UK-wide delivery, exceptions apply (Scottish Highlands, Islands, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Scilly Isles, Channel Islands)
- Plants guaranteed healthy for 30 days after arrival, minor cosmetic blemishes to be expected.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with order number and photos for assistance.
- Non-living items can be returned within 30 days if unused and in re-sellable condition, email email@example.com for assistance.
Sending a gift?
- Add a gift message at checkout, hand written on our illustrated cards. Also, we won't include any paperwork with prices on!